Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Powdered Drink Mix That Doesn't Suck

I have been drinking diet beverages since I was a young girl. Because of this, I developed a pretty high threshold for artificial tastes. Since surgery, though, I find that my tastebuds are much more sensitive to anything that tastes "off".

Most of my former go-to beverages are not palatable to me at the moment. Powerade Light, Fruit 2o, Sugar Free Kool-Aid: ick. Crystal Light: double ick. I do love Turkey Hill Diet Iced Tea and Tropicana Light Orangeade and Lemonade. Unfortunately, even diluted, those tend to be pretty costly in the quantities that I need.

That's why I'm excited to have found a powdered drink mix that actually tastes good to me. It is 4c Totally Light 2 Go, Morning Orange flavor.




The product comes pre-packaged in single-portion sticks that are designed to be poured into bottled water. I've been going the more frugal route and mixing it in my shaker bottle with 18 ounces of tap water and ice.

It tastes surprisingly like real orange juice, though less viscous in texture. When I enjoy this in the morning, ice cold, with my bacon and eggs, I am suitably deceived into thinking it's juice. There is hint of artificial flavor, but I find it to be slight, probably because it is sweetened with Splenda.

I have yet to try any of the other 4c flavors, but I plan to pick some up during my next trip to the store.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna!

    I added your blog to mine. Here's my link if you'd like to link to mine as well.

    http://awlschroncile.com/blog

    Also, thanks for sharing the 4c Totally Light...I tried G2 before realizing it's loaded w/sugar! Always looking for a new way to get in more protein and spice up plain water.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Truvia? It does not have an artificial taste since it's natural. It might work for something like unsweetened koolaid powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4C Totally Light pink lemonade is so good. I am going to try the orange too.

    ReplyDelete