Sunday, January 3, 2010

Truffle Butter

Truffles can be intimidating to cook with.

For starters, they cost a small fortune. That fact, coupled with their ubiquity in gourmet dishes, could easily give the impression that they are too high-brow for use in every day cuisine.

But despite their haughty reputation, truffles are a versatile and wonderful ingredient. They provide an earthy, savory, smoky flavor that adds depth and richness to a wide variety of foods.


This is why I love, love, love truffle butter. It is a creamy butter generously infused with pieces of truffle. It makes truffles accessible and easy to work with. You can use truffle butter to make a simple, delicious and relatively inexpensive meal.

I usually purchase my truffle butter from The Fresh Market for less than $5.


For those who don't have The Fresh Market, I have also seen it at Costco. It can be ordered online too.

Here are a few of my favorite ways to cook with it.

--Place a dollop on top of ribeye or filet just before serving
--Generously toss Dreamfields Angel Hair pasta with it and pair with sauteed scallops
--Melt in a pan and scramble eggs and parmesan cheese
--Top off roasted veggies with some
--Use in place of regular butter as a topping for popcorn--goes great with a little parmesan as well

I tell you, the stuff is delicious.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the blog name. That is freaking perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out your blog.... love the mac and cheese idea, will try it this cold weekend! I may, however, add some bacon to the top!!!!!! Also, truffle butter??? wow, I've had it when out to eat, but never cooked with it...I'll have to look for it at Costco and give it a try. Keep posting! I love eating good DS friendly food. MC (MaryC in NJ)
    http://lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terosso Truffle is one of the leading brands for Truffle butter due to its high quality and quick delivery all over the country.

    ReplyDelete